Successful Clean Install with DDU on Windows 11 - A Step-by-Step Guide

Lagopodous

Post by Lagopodous »

I wanted to share my recent experience with using DDU to perform a clean install of my graphics drivers on Windows 11. I've seen a lot of questions about the process and thought a detailed guide might help others who are hesitant to try it out.

Step 1: Downloading DDU
First things first, I made sure to download the latest version of DDU from the official Wagnardsoft website. It's crucial to have the most recent release to ensure compatibility with the latest drivers and operating systems.

Step 2: Booting into Safe Mode
Next, I booted my system into Safe Mode. This is an essential step because it prevents Windows from automatically installing drivers and allows DDU to work its magic without interference.

Step 3: Running DDU
Once in Safe Mode, I ran DDU and selected the option to remove and clean install the new driver. The interface is user-friendly, and the process was straightforward. I followed the on-screen prompts and let DDU do its thing.

Step 4: Installing New Drivers
After DDU completed the uninstallation process, I rebooted my system normally and installed the new drivers I had previously downloaded from my GPU manufacturer's website.

Step 5: Final Checks
Finally, I checked Device Manager to confirm that the new drivers were installed correctly. Everything looked good, and I noticed an immediate improvement in performance and stability.

Using DDU was a breeze, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to clean install their drivers. It's a fantastic tool that can solve a lot of headaches caused by driver conflicts or remnants of old installations.

I hope this guide helps! If you have any questions or need assistance with your own clean install, feel free to reply to this thread.

Happy computing!

Sponsor

Sponsor