Error after Clean and Reboot

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Error after Clean and Reboot

Post by Wagnard »

hhhdirect wrote:Hi,

I am having a very similar problem. When running the AMD cleanup I get an error message:
"A problem occurred in one of the module, send your ddu logs to the developer."

The end of the log files has:
5/12/2015 10:12:48 AM >> AudioEngine CleanUP
5/12/2015 10:12:48 AM >> Killing Explorer.exe
5/12/2015 10:12:48 AM >> Access is denied at System.Diagnostics.Process.Kill()
at WindowsApplication1.Form1.BackgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\ghisl_000.WAGNARD-VM\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-drivers-uninstaller\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb:line 7392

This didn't happen when running the INTEL cleanup.

I've also noticed that some other programs have been removed after running this. ie. 7zip.

Thanks.
This is happening for 2 reasons.
1- Because you are not cleaning in Safemode.
2- There is a process in normal mode that doesn't want to be killed for some reasons....

The fix is to clean in safemode.

Note: I also have 07zip and its not getting removed. Be sure that no security software (ie. Avast) is interfering with DDU. ( I recommend that you add DDU in all exclusion list.)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Malahk

Post by Malahk »

Wagnard wrote: Thanks a lot. I'll work on this. and ill try to fix the forum so the .log can be posted.
Edit: Forum fixed ;)

Edit: Here is an updated version that shouild generated more logs to me. It is also possible that the error doenst happen anymore but still please attach the log. http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/downlo ... taller.zip
Hey Wagnard,

I'm sorry I haven't been able to reply in the last three weeks and I was never able to try the update you provided above, I was busy with Finals and getting ready to head home for the holidays. But I did try the 15.7.2.0 release today and there were no issues, it cleaned and restarted fine, so looks like you got it fixed.

Here's the log if want to take a look at it.
2015 _12_23_16_41_39_DDULog.log

One thing that did change was in the OS environment, at some point in the three weeks my computer finally got that somewhat big November update for Window 10, so the windows version is 1511 build 10586.36. So I don't know if that effected anything.

Thanks for the help and great program.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Computer Info
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4000 MHz
Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB DDR3-1866
EVGA GTX 980 Classified
Sound Blaster ZxR
Asus Z87-Pro
Intel SSD 730 Series 480GB
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB
Spidey774223

Post by Spidey774223 »

I'm having the same problem, but It's not working in safe mod
Spidey774223

Post by Spidey774223 »

Wagnard wrote:

I am having a very similar problem. When running the AMD cleanup I get an error message:

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.BackgroundWorker1_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\Users\ghisl_000.WAGNARD-VM\OneDrive\Documents\Programmation\display-drivers-uninstaller\display-drivers-uninstaller\WindowsApplication1\Form1.vb:line 7392

I've also noticed that some other programs have been removed after running this. ie. 7zip.

Thanks.
2- There is a process in normal mode that doesn't want to be killed for some reasons....

Note: I also have 07zip and its not getting removed. Be sure that no security software (ie. Avast) is interfering with DDU. ( I recommend that you add DDU in all exclusion list.)

But what happens if it does not work in safe mod.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

Spidey774223 wrote:
Wagnard wrote:

Thanks.

But what happens if it does not work in safe mod.
Not sure what you are saying. If safe mode on your system doesnt work, then its not DDU that you need but a system reinstall.
If DDU crash in safe mode, send me the logs.