Options Tab

conners

Options Tab

Post by conners »

Could you explain more about the items and what they do for the AMD section. I have always wonder and could never find an answer.

Options Tab

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wagnard
Site Admin

Re: Options Tab

Post by Wagnard »

conners wrote:Could you explain more about the items and what they do for the AMD section. I have always wonder and could never find an answer.
What are the ones that you would like to have information?
conners

Post by conners »

Basically all of the options for ATI.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wagnard
Site Admin

Post by Wagnard »

conners wrote:Basically all of the options for ATI.

Capture.PNG
I'll try to keep it as simple as possible.

-Remove "c:\amd" is where the driver you download from internet is extracted when you install it.
It is mark as not recommended as other drivers installer from AMD may reside there and some user may not want them to be removed.

-The AMDKMPFD driver/filter is a driver that AMD use to replace a PCI device driver. Removing it and replacing it by the default Windows driver is a bit tricky especially on computer with AMD chipset. Its an option that should be check mostly when moving from AMD to nVidia. Also from testing it is safer to use on Intel motherboard Chipset (probably due to a bug in DDU itself)

-Remove AMD crimson Shader cache. It is as it said, it will remove the Cache folders that the AMD Crimson driver make for games.
Reason to not remove it was most likely at user demand. Some user doesnt want to loose this cache as I guess there is some resources spent to recreate it for each game after each driver update.
But personally I think we should always remove it when changing driver version as it is probably invalidated anyway when changing driver versions.

-Remove Vulkan runtime is self explaining. It will remove the runtime. When you install recent driver that support the Vulkan API, there is a Runtime that is also installed (Some dlls). You can see it in the add/remove program. This option simply remove it.
If we do not use it, multiple runtime could be installed at the same time.

Hope that clears things up a little.
conners

Post by conners »

Yes it does thanks!!!